Friday, November 20, 2015

I finished something!

I finally completed a project!  Finished this a couple of weeks ago. I made a bunch of these Montessouri Math Mats.  2 different sizes.  They came out nice although I ran into some trouble due to shrinkage of the batting. I preshrunk the batting, but it was ready to shrink some more. Sigh.  Anyway, the teachers really liked these and the kids all wanted to choose these over the older ones, so I guess it went well. I'll be making more in the Spring.  Note: I have NO IDEA how they use these to teach math, but they sure look cute. This was the equivalent of making a queen sized quilt, so lots of work.  Thank goodness for a walking foot!
Math Mats, both sizes.

Each one includes gross grain ribbon for tying for storage.