Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Finished an Afghan!

My first finish of 2009 is the crocheted 2 Color Striped Afghan! It is wonderfully light and cozy and I love the basketweave pattern (reminds me of baskets made in South America). Here's a photo plus a closeup. The closeup helps show that starburst pattern in the edging. The afghan is about 48 x 68 inches and made from 12 skeins of Woolease in Denim and Wheat. The pattern is a freebee from www.lionbrand.com. This was an ideal TV project. I made much of it while watching several series from Netflix including 4 seasons of Desperate Housewives. On the downside, I seem to have given myself tendonitis, so am giving myself a break for the next month and just crocheting the Ravelry Blocks-of-the-month.

Image Hosting by PictureTrail.com

Image Hosting by PictureTrail.com
Not yet washed and dried, so it's a tad wavy.

No comments: