Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Banff Sweater is Done!


I guess you can tell that things like the UFOlympics (in this case Ravelympics because I was too late for the UFOlympics signup) actually do a lot to help you get things done! I finished the Banff sweater this morning. Extremely cosey, but awfully big. While it was expected to be loose (design intent), this is large enough to fit a woman in size 3X. The raglan shaping, however, prevents the shoulders and underarms from being swamped, however, so I'm happy. I'm questioning, however, whether it will fit if I lose 25 pounds. As I said, awfully big (57 inches around as pattern states). Next time I make this sweater, I'll do a top down raglan.

It is a dreary day today so did a flash photo which of course, immediately eliminates all the detailing. I'll update later with a better photo. The photo illustrates the sleeve folded back on one side (and it stays put!).

Banff Sweater done in XL size using size 10 circulars. Yarn is brown Bernat Boucle (so very soft). Note, due to the difficulty of getting gauge in ribbing with this nubbly yarn, I recommend going down 2 needle sizes for the ribbing. I added 3 inches of length to this pattern. http://www.knitty.com/issuewinter03/PATTbanff.html

1 comment:

SusanB said...

Stephanie, So nice to see you blogging again. I didn't sign up for the UFOlympics or Ravelympics, but I declared August to be my UFO and Scrap Busting month. It looks like my goals were way too ambitious, but public declarations of intentions do motivate.