Thursday, May 27, 2010

Fish Bowl Quilt is Done!!

I finished the Fishbowl Quilt a few days ago and have been testing it for several nights. Comfy, comfy, comfy! I deliberately used a light batting in this one because I planned to use it in the summer. The fish fabrics in the bowls were the only birthday gift I ever received from my brothers (bought in FL). I added a border fabric with cats and aquariums. While mostly meander quilting, some of the bowls feature quilted sharks and rock fish. Around each bowl, I quilted bubbles and in the blue sections, I quilted watery streamers. I'm really happy with how they turned out. This quilt is about 70x86 inches. I've had the fabrics since the mid-90s, but the quilt was started in 2004. Another UFO DONE!

Image Hosting by PictureTrail.com

Here's a closeup.
Image Hosting by PictureTrail.com
Fishbowl quilt pattern. It is not paperpieced!

1 comment:

Linda said...

That is such a cute pattern! I love your fabric choices. Wonderful job! I have a collection of "cat fabric" and it makes me want to come up with some "container" for them to be in!

Linda in Oklahoma