Sunday, August 24, 2008

Halloween Project Done!

I managed to finish my Halloween project before the end of the Crochet Games, but made some alterations. The web actually went well once I got the hang of handling cording. I used a different stitch for the candy corn, so varied the pattern a tad as a result. More interesting than plain single crochet. While I wouldn't ordinarily use a beat-up blue tarp to show off completed objects, they do show up well against it.

This Halloween pattern is by Maggie Weldon. I'm not sure of the thread, but the black yarn was similar to Vanna's afghan yarn. The candy corn and pumpkin were made out of Red Heart and part of a Caron One-Pounder.

Image Hosting by


Branlaadee said...

Just cruising around Stitching Bloggers and came upon your site. I just love the candy corn and spider web! You did a fantastic job!

SusanB said...

Cute. Good job, Stephanie. I love seeing what others make for the holidays.

Darlene said...

Too, Too Cute!

Lot of work, but worth it!

God Bless.

Anonymous said...

The candy corn is soo cute!

:) smitth from the 'ville