Sunday, August 10, 2008

Finished Purple Sweater!


At last, the purple sweater is completed! This is done with 2 strands of Lion Brand Imagine (Purple Haze) which is an acrylic mohair. The sweater is nearly 2 sizes too large for my model's shoulder's, but my Mom was my only volunteer since nobody knows how to run my camera (it's point and click. How tough is that?). I completed the knitting on this sweater in 2005 and lost the yarn ball to finish it. Polly, the knitting cat, found not one but TWO of them (I know not where).

Image Hosting by PictureTrail.com

I will now move on to my next Ravelympics entry, the nubbly brown Banff sweater so many have complained about and is my oldest knitting/crochet WIP now that the purple sweater is done. In the past few months, I've discovered many who made this sweater didn't like their result because the ribbing just doesn't pull in very well. Totally disappointing for those who used wool, but since I used cheapo Bernat Boucle, I'll just add some elastic thread if needed.

Yes, you need kitty photos. Here's Alice wondering why I'm shooting photos of her sleeping. She is sleeping on a Sister's Choice quilt I did a couple years ago. Polly is trying to implore me to open my rolling knitting case so that she can get the yarn (yes, I think she can smell yarn). While not obvious in photos, it's very easy to tell the difference between them. Alice is much smaller than Polly and has diffuse black splotches shot with white, while Polly has solid black splotches.

No comments: