Friday, November 21, 2008

Finished Wallhanging!

Another done project! I completed this Yuletide Wreath wallhanging this morning. It is 27x30 inches and done from a pattern that appeared in Quiltmaker in 2000, although it is now sold as an individual pattern. I quilted bells and poinsettias in opposing corners. The poinsettias have french knots in the center for the flowers. The center block has a celtic design (all designs from Helen's Copy and Use Quilt Designs Vol. 6). I had forgotten to add a rod pocket, so added tabs made from the leftover straight grain binding. This is a present for my brother who requested a 'tapestry.'

I made the tops for both this one and the previously completed one at the same time. In future, I would try to contrast the red and green a little better. Both register as 'dark' (as you can tell from the photo), although the gold in the red does make it stand out better than it looks in the photo.
Image Hosting by PictureTrail.com

2 comments:

Daisy said...

Your are very talented. Your wallhanging is beautiful!

Ghost said...

This is really wonderful work and a delight to look at.