Saturday, February 27, 2010

Another Olympic Finish!


Sexy Red Socks
Originally uploaded by Tarana5
Finished my Sexy Blood Red Socks for Team Trueblood in the Sock Hockey event this morning. They fit nicely, although I probably should have stopped an inch earlier with the red.

I made these with Woolease and an unknown eyelash yarn bought at the yarn shop. They are done toe up with size 4 needles.

I adapted the pattern from Cuffed Fur Socks from Lion Band Yarns. I am grateful to the gal at Not Another Knit Hat for her formula for toe up socks, which made adapting this pattern a breeze!

http://knotanotherhat.typepad.com/toe_up.pdff

I am now off to do some cleaning and then to start my Buffy Potholder this afternoon. I found it impossible to knit this thing in a recliner. I need to just lay the chart on a table and knit from there. Not so comfortable, but it will get done. Chances on doing the robot are small, but not out. Depends on the Buffy Potholder.

No comments: