Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Citrus Stars Quilt DONE!

Finished the Citrus Stars quilt last night. The photo is a little dark, but I can't seem to get access to my photoeditor. It is a dark blue star background in the border, not black. Extra large twin sized quilt, it measures 72x90 inches and has a flannel backing which features a Debbi Mumm squirrel print (my bro is a fan of squirrels). I used Joann's Soft and Crafty Hi Loft and tied it using Cascade 220 wool yarn. It looks very Miami, but adding the green and dark blue gave it a more male look, which was needed since this is for my brother. The background is various white on white vine fabrics. The strip of green at the bottom was to give just a tad couple more inches. Probably should have put it at the top, but its done and looks great.

Image Hosting by PictureTrail.com
The 4 patch stars are a free pattern and I added 1 inch sashing between them. I used my Eleanor Burns Flying Geese templates to make the 6 inch flying geese in the border. While this quilt did use up 5 yards of stash, it really isn't a big stash user as you need a solid background for it and quite a bit (I think I used 6 yards).
http://www.scrapquilts.com/4star.html

No comments: