Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Shorty Socks Done!

Finished my sister's shorty version of my Fur Cuffed Socks. I did hers using ONE skein of Vanna's Choice yarn plus some eyelash yarn from the yarn store.

Shortie Fur Cuffed Socks

My greatest help for adapting the Fur Cuffed Socks pattern at Lion Brand yarns was the generic toe up pattern at www.knotanotherhat.typepad.com. In addition, I needed to stop the foot about 3 1/2 inches shy of the heel AND take out 4 stitches in the heel on the first purl. Otherwise, the heel was just too dumpy.

First, I will say that I really don't like acrylic socks. They feel kindof plasticky to me. However, my sis can't wear wool, so went with the flow. Bernat and others have put out some non-wool yarns at low cost. They also feel nice, so I bought some to give it a whirl. My sis has had a LOT of problems getting socks that don't cut her in the ankle, so more sockmaking is likely in my future for her.

No comments: