Friday, November 06, 2009
Big Busted is Done!
I've now completed the Big Busted quilt. Final size is about 45 x 65 inches, so a lap quilt. The front was done using only stash during a quilt-a-long at Stashbusters. The batting is sewn together leftover strips from previous projects. All of the batting was the Joann's Hi Loft Soft and Crafty from last year, not the inferior product (IMHO) that is being sold now. I find hand sewing batting strips, especially thick batting strips, much better than machine sewing as it doesn't interfere with the loft. The backing is a royal blue Joann's Snuggle flannel and the binding just a new fabric that brought out the blue tones in the front of the quilt. The primary fabric used in this quilt is the last of my Millennium fabric for the Millennium quilt I was never able to do (due to illness). I was finally able to get past my disappointment of not being able to swap during the 1998-99 period and this project really is what did it for me.