Wednesday, April 06, 2011

Garden Party Completed!!

My first finish of the year!! Got the quilt back from the quilter (Julie Ann of Fat Quarter Quilting), bound it, washed it and walla, a photo! Quilt is about 79x96 inches. Now, the details. This was from a QATW 2009 swap that included both blocks and strips of pastel fabrics. It was a 3 part swap - one month had to be applique, another was pieced (or paperpieced) and the last month was whatever method you wanted. I supplemented with my fabric supply (and bought a few 1/4 yards) to make the patchwork border. I did the bee, iris, and dragonflies for the swap, but also added a bunny and ladybug to finish it off. Gift to my Mom and Dad. Mom was totally sick of winter before December was even over. Still needs a label and I'll get to it.

Garden Party

Garden Party Closeup

Dragonflies

No comments: