Saturday, May 30, 2009

Big Busted is Busted!

I have been making the mystery quilt from the Stashbusters yahoo group and the top is now done! Bad time of day to take photo, but as you can see, the graphic (windmill blades) isn't very strong due to my choice of light fabric. Still, it's a nice lap quilt, totally made from stash and scraps. I love, love, love the border! My sister and BIL happened to request a lap quilt at the time this mystery started so when I have it quilted, they will likely get it. If I make this again, I will use a light fabric, maybe a marble, throughout. Behind the quilt is the new retaining wall that has been interfering with my crafting! Lots of skut work still to be done although all but the end cap of the wall is up now. A part of the patio is also being replaced. Everybody has taken a break however, so hopefully it will be done before July heat sets in.

Image Hosting by PictureTrail.com

It is no surprise that there are no photos of socks. I will be working on socks tonight and maybe, just maybe, might get one done before the end of the month.

Also, another photo op! I finished a top that was part of a Winter Fun swap at www.QuiltingAroundTheWorld.com. My blocks were the pinwheels and rail fences. I'll have to put this top up and gaze upon it during commercial breaks to figure out how I'm going to quilt it. It needs more than in-the-ditch quilting, but I haven't decided what. I'm hoping for inspiration.

Image Hosting by PictureTrail.com

No comments: