Monday, May 04, 2009

Garage Sale and Quilt-A-Long

First, the garage sale was a success. Most of my fabric went the first day and most of my yarn the second. Also sold most of the quilt and crochet books and booklets. What is left are smaller pieces: Millennium fabric, city fabric (looks like Chicago) and some fabric book panels (Beatrix Potter and Winnie the Pooh). There will be another garage sale in July, but all different stuff. If any of my followers are interested, let me know!

I am also joining an EASY quilt-a-long. I wanted to join the Stashbusters mystery quilt, but I have no printer, can't read the darn files (new drive, lots of stuff to put back on) and they are already on the 2nd week (I was NOT gone a week!). So, I'm bummed, but decided on this other quilt-a-long which also uses stash. It's a 9 patch set in white sashing. Really, a nice summer quilt that can be made any size. It's a do-a-block-a-day quilt-a-long. I think I can manage that. Here's the link:
One A Day Quilt A Long

I think I'll include some of that Chicago Skyline and Millennium fabrics in this project unless I can find someone who desperately has been looking for either of these to finish a project.

1 comment:

sb said...

You are so brave! I'm having a garage sale in a few weeks and I don't think I can bear to put any of my fabric or yarn in it. Well, maybe some poly-cotton I bought early on in my career.
Sarah in California