Saturday, May 16, 2009

What I'm Doing

Sorry, I've been a little light on the postings. First, TV watchings. I'm not a big TV watcher, but there are several things coming on that I do enjoy. The exciting news is that Primeval and Eureka are back!! Primeval, Season 3 (BBCA) starts tonight and Eureka is back to finish Season 3 (delayed due to writer's strike) in July. Since I don't have HBO, I'm also looking forward to getting my DVD of True Blood at the end of this month. I love the books, I hope the series is as good. I also get to work my way through Buffy and Angel series this summer. Picked these DVDs up for a good price, used, so that I could take my time. Finally, I'm getting all of the New Doctor Who and Torchwood series. Lots of stitching time here when it's too hot or mosquito ridden for me to go outside!

Quilting: The Citrus Stars quilt is nearly done. I just started hand sewing the binding to the back, but it will take a few days. I started cutting the fabric for Pirates/Parrots reversible quilt. All but the sashing has been cut for Pirates, so that I can make pillowcases with the remainder. Now, I have to figure out the plan for Parrots so I can start cutting that. This week, I will also start cutting out the trains for Dad's chair quilt. It will be a square in a square type quilt and will likely have train tracks for the border.

I just received my first installment of a BOM. This is called Snowman Collector and this quilt will be for me. I just love these snowmen. Yes, it ends up expensive over the long haul, but so darn cute.
Snowman Collector

Knitting: Working on 2 different pairs of socks. Had set these down to finish up Citrus Stars and will pick up again as soon as the binding is done. Both are 'basic socks', so nothing complicated about them. I need to get my toe up done very quickly as the monthly KAL starts in June.

Crocheting: the Crocheted Ladybug afghan is really reaching a great stage. I have 31 of the 35 background squares now done. I will be moving on to doing the ladybug parts and the flower parts, all of which get attached to the background squares.

Cross Stitching: Bought a whole bunch of DMC floss from Stashbuster's List Mom, Sandra. Ironically, she works only a mile from where I live, so I got to save on shipping and just pick it up at the front desk. I'll admit, for hand stitching, cross stitching has been taking a back seat for awhile. I will be bringing it back out to the forefront soon and have picked Sunday as my day of the week to just work on cross-stitching.

Ok.. that's about it. I need to go out and finish mowing the back before Primeval starts. I promise - photos - soon!! My Kodak program is back and I think I found my cable to connect the camera (thieved by interested kitties).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you have a lot going on. I love the snowman quilt as well.

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed reading your blog - I'm another avid crocheter/sewer with "way too much stash!" You're a busy lady. We watch every TV show you mentioned - too funny. Thanks for sharing. ~ Mary