Tuesday, August 05, 2008

New Stuff

Order from Annie's Attic came today including 2 books and a pattern booklet.

Of course, afghan books predominate. Looking forward to making the cover afghan from the 50 Sensational Crochet Afghans & Throws book. I have a class in 45 minutes, so can't really peruse this book, but it does have some very interesting afghans besides the front cover. 101 Granny Squares gives directions for, yes, 101 granny squares. Does not look to be repeats of 99 Granny Squares, although I have seen some similar squares before. If you really like granny squares and motif-by-motif afghan making, you will find more modern-style designs here, particularly stylized flowers.
Sensational Afghans bookcoverGranny squares

Here's the cross stitch one I bought. I know that the sun/moon genre is pretty much behind us, but I want to do ONE project with them.
Sun Moon Stars

No comments: