Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Citrus Quilt Progress


Started my brother's twin sized quilt during a challenge over the weekend. The challenge was simply to get all the fabric cut so that I could sew another day. Here's where I am today. He wanted bright, so I took a bunch of fat quarters that I won several years ago and combined that with a bright green fabric and non-floral white-on-white. I thought the pinks made it a little girly, but when I put it together, it screamed Miami. I'm calling it Citrus Stars. I still have the border to do. I made a mistake cutting my flying geese for the border, forgetting to flip the colors after finishing the stars. Not sure it will work against the green, so will just do one side and see how I like it. I have plenty of the green to make a different border.

Also, this is the first time I have used Blogger's picture storage. Works nice, but I have to use 2 different programs to make the file sizes smaller or I will run out of room quickly. (yes, I am whining).

No comments: