Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Shopping Day!

I went on a shopping day today. All the way to the other end of town to shop at the cross stitch shop (only one in the area that I know of!). I love Stitchville USA in Minnetonka. Lots of completed models. Plenty to look at. I primarily bought frames so that I have something to put those quick-t0-stitch items into.

Following my trip there, I wandered over to a couple of quilt shops. Discovered there is a shop hop going on so joined. Got my free bag of goodies, bought some fabric and moved on to the next. My local quilt shop is also participating, so that was fun.

I did stick with buying what I needed. Well, all but one item. Four yards of a luscious purple fabric. It's going to be a border (right).

Lucky Stars
Lucky Stars by Atkinson Designs is a very popular pattern locally. I plan to make one using up leftover Halloween fabrics once I finish the primary project. This will be enlarged to twin size. I have a small suitcase full of Halloween fabric. I want to get these quilts made so I can stop the collection!! At several of the shop hop shops, I bought various background fabrics to see what will work best for the quilt as a whole. This works out fine since the very last Halloween project planned out is just a bunch of different blocks finished off with flying geese (also in Halloween fabrics).

http://www.atkinsondesigns.com/patterns/patternDetail.asp?productID=129

No comments: