Thursday, January 22, 2009

This and That

This lingering cold has advanced to constant sneezing which has pretty much eaten into my needlework time. So, I've been devoting the last couple of days to cleaning, sorting and organizing my craft areas. Ok.. got WAY too much stuff. Even my PIGS (Projects In Grocery Sacks) take 2 Rubbermaid Roughneck containers. They don't all fit. Hmm.. Maybe I should stop magazine subscriptions to halt the new ideas? Dunno. I am definitely making some pillowcases however.

I have continued to progress on the 2 color stripe afghan in between sneezing fits. I'll post an update photo at the end of the month. In the afternoon, when I sneeze the least, I've also been working on finishing part 1 of a 3 part swap. My appliqued iris's look so good! I'm putting the final petals on all 6 blocks, perhaps finishing today. I have a goal to mail out by Saturday, but we'll just have to see. Starting to think what to do for part 2. Do I do another applique? A dragonfly or two would be quite wonderful if I have the right combo of fabrics. Do I have the time, however? Dunno. However, since this is for my Mom, maybe I should go that extra mile? The little voice in me is saying yes, yes, but the other, more pragmatic voice would remind me that I still have my Dad and brother's quilts to start.

It's looking like the sock I made in my sock class is going to be too small. I suspected that when reading the book since the pattern is designed for someone who wears a size 8 (I wear a 10w). Short woman, big feet. I don't want to restart until I get this swap done, but I'm glad I didn't go too far and now I have a fair sized swatch to figure out just how many stitches I have to add.

No comments: