Thursday, July 01, 2010

I really Got a Lot Done!

Looking back at June, I did get quite a lot done. Finished a UFO wallhanging (the Panther), have nearly finished the 1000 Pyramids top (started in 1992) and a good start on the Spiderweb quilt. I've also made a start on a granny afghan for my cousin's family.

For July, I really need to make a push to finish the Ladybug afghan. Not much remains. I am redoing the wings because they are just too small. It's really only a weekend of crocheting to finish, but I have to have everything in front of me. Then attaching, which does take longer (attach black spots to wings, then wings to bodies) and finally assembly.

July goals:
  • Complete Ladybug afghan
  • Finish 1000 Pyramids top
  • Finish Spiderweb Quilt
  • Finish 1 pair of UFO knitted socks

Certainly a doable list, even with interruptions and such. I'm also trying to get back in the habit of doing cross-stitch at least once a week, but so far, a suitable every-week day hasn't presented itself.

I'm also on a no-buy thing for the summer for crafts. I really, really, really need a new chair and it's looking like I will never find something suitable that is either low cost or used. I've been looking even through Craigslist and even used, folks are asking an awful lot. Therefore, I'm going to have to start looking in the $400-600 range.

No comments: