Thursday, July 22, 2010

Couldn't Help Myself - Another Swap!

Joined another swap, mostly because I had the fabric and the final quilt will be fabulous. It consists of 12.5 inch star in a star with alternating HSTs in lights and darks. Here's the blocks I've done for the swap, although I will be making more to finish off the fabrics. If QATW doesn't do a second round, I will finish this over the winter using other FQs. My only limitation is that I don't have a lot of lights to choose from, but there is always a FQ sale around New Years. In fact, I attended a FQ sale at my LQS and was so proud of myself to limit my choices to things I needed for projects already in progress. Yes, I bought some spiders for the Halloween quilts - you understand that collections must be fed, which is why I'm trying to finish all the Halloween quilts so that the collection can go away.

Star swap

I've mostly been cutting through scraps in the last week or two, but am working on quilting the Pine Grove quilt. Today I have both a doggie and a kitty pad to finish off. The doggie pad is a gift to my mom's coworker in celebration of her new dog and already planned, but her husband had a stroke last night, so I'll just get it made so my Mom can give it to whenever she next sees her.

On the knitting side, they finally had both yarns in that I needed to finish off the Kitty Pi Bed! They arrived the other day and I hope to finish that project this month. Yes, yes, I did buy a single skein of sock yarn for socks. Not sure why, but I just loved this tonal green. I'm not a bright green sort of gal, but we'll give it a shot.
Tonal Green
Tonal Stroll Sock yarn by Knit Picks

This weekend involves some marathon recording, which is great because I will get a lot of crocheting done on that granny afghan. I record favorite shows and take the commercials out to save for my Mom to watch later. Naked Science has a new episode tonight. Being Human season 2 starts Saturday and I can do some catch up episodes for Dr. Who before the season's grand finale this weekend. Of course, I can't miss Eureka on Friday night. Have you noticed the sort of geek format of my favorite shows? It is not a coincidence.

No comments: