Friday, January 20, 2006

Progress Photos!

Yes, more progress! I spent a couple of hours on Wednesday and a whole bunch of hours yesterday just putting in the little yarn ties on the Diamond Scrap Quilt (formerly known as Depression Era Quilt). I still have to tie the suckers. Here's a photo of my quilt while I was working on it at the quilt shop. Kim (Quilters Basket-Brooklyn Park, MN) lets customers use her table to do pinning or tying of quilts when there is no group there. I've also trimmed it so that I can add the binding whenever I'm ready. Tonight, I'm going to park myself in the recliner and see if I can't tie those ties. Otherwise, I'll have go back to the shop and tie them. My knees cannot take doing this on the floor and sometimes a big flat surface is just easier. Alas no kitchen table. Maybe I can borrow a cardboard table. I really do want to finish this during the weekend.
Image hosting by Photobucket

The Banff Sweater is a different story. I've progressed up to the point where I need to start reducing for the raglan. I was working on it while chauffering my brother to his medical appointment. Alas, there was an abbreviation I did not understand. Fortunately, I had some cotton cord and could take it off the needles and start on the sleeves. However, after doing so, I can't help but think that I'm way too loose on my gauge! So, I'm going to have to remeasure this-I would hate to reknit it, but it's best to find out now if I've messed up than if I go further without checking. Anyway, here's a photo of what I've done so far. It's done in the round, so it just looks like a big rectangle. Yes, that ribbing is still there! Oh, and I would love to have this lovely wooden coffee table! This was in the hospital waiting room though, and I suppose they want to keep it, but it's just a great table!

Image hosting by Photobucket
Finally, this year's Thimbleberries Club project is a block-of-the-month that uses panels ("Vintage Stitches"). I'm going to do that this year, but only the front of the quilt. What I haven't figured out is what to do with the extra fabric (as a result of not doing the blocks for the back of the quilt). Questions, questions. These too shall be answered. I just couldn't see making blocks deliberately for the back of the quilt. Normally, you would just put experiements that didn't work or orphaned blocks.

No comments: