Monday, January 02, 2006

Photo Finish!

Here is a photo of my completed bug quilt. It's a full-sized quilt, but on a queen sized bed (only place I can actually take a photo of the whole thing). I stitched-in-the-ditch around the red stars and then meander quilted the border. I considered quilting in the center areas where the bug fabrics are but it just seemed excessive. I've quilted a few butterflies and dragonflies, but that was it. It was nice to have another finish, right to the wire (I finished the binding on Dec. 31).

Image Hosting by PictureTrail.com

Ok, here is a photo of my completed Depression Quilt queen-sized quilt top. I will finish the quilt during January. It is being displayed (a little kattywampus) on a full-sized bed. This photo was actually taken at a different house than the other one! This quilt emptied 2 boxes of scraps. I have a couple more blocks to make from the squares remaining. These and the other extras(about 5) will go on the back. I'm just trying to determine if I already have fabric that I can use for the back. I've been steadily using up fabric that just doesn't go with anything else on the backs of quilts. Since I am tying, not quilting,I prefer large pieces of fabric rather than a bunch of little ones. It feels nicer.

Image Hosting by PictureTrail.com

No comments: