Wednesday, September 08, 2010

A Loss To the Quilting World

Bonnie Lehmann passed away on the 5th of September. It is because of Bonnie and one of the cover quilts she designed for her magazine Quiltmaker that inspired me to take up quilting in the first place.

Here's a link to additional information on Bonnie.

This photo is the finished quilt of the inspiring cover. My first quilt. The instructions were so clear for someone who had nobody else to ask. As I recall, this pattern came out before rotary cutters became available in my area (1992). I really need to take a better photo of this quilt - it predates my digital camera.
Image Hosting by PictureTrail.com
This was my second finished bed quilt - Also from the cover of a Quiltmaker Magazine. I believe both patterns were designed by Bonnie. Both of these quilts were done by me while still a beginner.
Image Hosting by PictureTrail.com
.

No comments: