Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Cutting, Cutting, Cutting

My hand is starting to get a tad sore from cutting for 2-3 hours every day. The big moment finally arrived and I have started cutting into my can't-cut-it Halloween fabric! I'm cutting for 3 quilts - 2 Wedding Rings and 1 Lucky Stars. I need 96 inner rings and have cut about 72. Most also have 4 matching melons to complete the circle, but I know I'll have to use some random fill-in for that. Katier825 over at the Quilting Board provided me the cutting dimensions for Lucky Stars after I misplaced my pattern. It's here somewhere, but at least I can cut.

I had a lot of advance on the crochet project last week due to chauffeuring my Dad to the ER and then his subsequent appointments. Several appointments next week as well, so this project is going along pretty fast. I do want to gift it before the end of the year, so that works for me.

My sock knitting for the annual Sock Scarefest came to a sudden stop, alas. I'm having a little trouble with hand control. Temporary problem, but sometimes it's just best to set stuff down and ignore it for a couple of weeks and then pick it up again. I won't win any prizes, but I have the patterns and the finished sock will be a prize. Speaking of socks, while I am so-so on the LOOK of these socks, they are OH so comfortable and warm. I speak of Baba's Bed Socks made with Woolease. I have large feet (10W), and with my somewhat loose knitting, the size is perfect. They stay on. They don't wrinkle. They fit snugly. Try them! I finished these last April so only wore them a couple of times, but I really appreciate them now that it's getting cold. I plan to make another pair using more leftovers from a completed afghan. The only disadvantage is that two of my cats love the Woolease afghan and love these socks. I often find them in the hallway at night. Cat toys. Who would have thought?

House Socks

No comments: