Sunday, October 03, 2010

Crocheting Afghan Again

Well, today I'll show you progress on the crocheting project. This is the my take-a-long project granny afghan. It's based on a photo for a kit sold at Mary Maxim. After getting my leftovers from the rose afghans together, I realized that I had only 3 skeins of white and 5 or more of rose and green, so my color arrangement had to vary.

Pink & Green granny Progress

Here's a closeup. Threading in the ends is always such a pain in the neck. So, I just stick in DVDs and watch movies or series while threading in. Star Trek Next Generation is good for this since I've already seen most episodes before, although some were so long ago, I've forgotten them. I'll have to start crocheting the larger blocks now. I do want to finish this afghan (as well as the Ladybug afghan that continues to linger) before the end of the year.
Pink & Green Granny Closeup Progress
After I finish these two projects, I have 5 more afghan projects for which I have yarn. Planned projects include a dragonfly afghan, an Irish Rose pillowghan, Winnie the Pooh, and an animal afghan.

No comments: