Sunday, April 23, 2006

Sister's Choice Blocks

Yesterday and today has found me mostly working on Sister's Choice blocks. I'm rapidly running out of some scrap selections (dark green for the stars, for instance). I am not planning on a border and will be tying this. I want it thick like a comforter, so will have to research where to get thick batting by the yard. The little squares feature a lot of little novelty items, so it makes the quilt interesting.
Image hosting by Photobucket
I babysat on Friday. Yes, me!? Let me introduce you to 11 month old Samantha, the daughter of my cousin Steve and his girlfriend Kayla. Kayla has been a work-at-home Mom since Samantha was born, but now her company is requiring her to come in a couple of days a week for a few hours. So, I'm one of the babysitters and it's a blast. Samantha is so interested in everything. She is cruising and just started to occasionally try to stand without holding onto something. I can tell already that she is a future needleworker. Look at her interest in yarn already! Yes, she was within arms reach while she had this yarn. Note to others: If buying baby clothing, skip the stuff with short ties. I think I tied it into a bow 12 times over 3 hours. Strings are just way too fascinating.
Image hosting by Photobucket
To occupy her with something else when I was ready to remove the yarn skein, Samantha chose to demonstrate the completed flowers for my Mom's Rose afghan. These are baby approved.
Image hosting by Photobucket

Another helpful crafter was the kitty (Not sure of his name, I think it's Hedges). He is a very friendly cat which made taking photos mighty difficult. Look his way and he runs over for attention. He thought yarn was fun as well. He is a dark smoke color, not black.
Image hosting by Photobucket

No comments: