Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Accomplishing

Managed to get a couple of quilt tops done! Finished Mystery #18! It looks so bright and cheerful. Also finished my Thimbleberries quilt. I'll post complete photos this weekend. On and off working on my socks. Turned heels on both so far.

One disadvantage of rural America. Way too many bugs. Ticks. Mosquitoes. Horseflies that bite. Ick. Then there's this small, green beetle that seems to seek me out. It doesn't seem to do anything, but makes me feel like I have creepy crawlies all over me. Ticks. I hate ticks. I haven't had a tick on me in decades and ewwwwww....one got on me yesterday (I can hear my sister laughing at me). Anyway, Nature should just stay away from me while I'm outside. I'm trying to knit, for Pete's sake.

On the plus side, I had a wondrous view of a firefly convention. It was 1 a.m. (yeah, I don't sleep well) and they were everywhere! Wow, that was really cool. Never saw that before. In addition, I've never seen so many dragonflies in one place also. I wonder if it has to do with the neighbor growing a field of alfalfa? Don't know, but they are keen to see.

No comments: