Thursday, July 06, 2006

This and That

I've been taking two steps forward and one step back all week. It started last Friday when a bearing in my car wore out, causing the belt to seize and break and the cascade of damage as a result. Although the car has been driveable, a big leak indicates that the steering pump was also damaged. Timing wasn't so great, but then, when is it? So, I try to step back and simply remind myself that if all I manage to accomplish before the quilt shop closes is to pin my Mom and Dad's quilt and get my next 3 Thimbleberries BOM packs, then that's fine. After all, I don't really need more fabric, do I?

I have finished the knitting on the socks, but still haven't quite done the finishing on them. My first Kitchener stitch on the toe really doesn't look very good, although I'm puzzled as to why. I've done this stitch on lots of sweaters and it always came out very nice. I sewed the backing for Mom & Dad's anniversary quilt, so that is ready to pin tomorrow. Lots of car trouble, so I'm dependent on when Mom's car is available. It's going to be in the 90s tomorrow, so indoor stuff is on the agenda! I'm such a wimp over heat.

No comments: