Saturday, August 05, 2006

Happy Birthday To Me!

Yes, once again, 39 has rolled around again. And rolled away. I am now the youngest in my family. It amazes my formerly younger siblings, but time marches on. For some of us, we loose our way and just keep going in a repeat loop. I like it there. The only disadvantage is when I make a visit to a medical practioner as I have to figure it out all over again.

I'm still housesitting in rural Central Minnesota. It is like living in the middle of a little forest, complete with air conditioning! Since I last posted, I finished the Maple Leaf quilt except for the final border. I couldn't find that fabric before I left. I have also discovered that quilting a quilt in the summertime requires a headband to keep the sweat out of one's eyes. I expect to finish the quilting on the Floral Triple Irish chain, but my Mom and Dad's quilt may have to wait for the temps to drop further. I have also quilted one side of a tote bag for my sewing machine extension table. It's a pain to take it apart every time to put it back in the box. This will contain the table, the instructions (and reorder sheet for parts), and have a pocket on the outside for my Turntable Revolving Olfa Mat, which also seems to defy a storage place. Of course a standard 18 x 24 inch Olfa mat will fit in here too. I'm doing lots of practice on stippling on the sides of this tote bag. I have trouble doing it small enough since I typically meander on quilts (larger curves). Haven't been fishing yet, but we'll see about tomorrow!

1 comment:

Sewing Empire said...

Happy belated bday dear. Hope you will live long & enjoy your life fully. I really like your blog. The detailed info on quilting & machines forced me to visit your blog daily. Hope to hear about the Best Mechanical Sewing Machine from you soon.