Thursday, January 21, 2010

Quilting and More Project Scrounging

On the quilting front, I continue to complete motifs on the Floral Irish Chain. I would post a photo but it seems Windows 7 has no photo editing software to allow me to shrink the size of the file. Until I can find something, I can't upload any more photos because it's taking up all my space! Not to mention, it makes it harder for people without DSL to see the photos. Yesterday, I bought fabric for the binding. A lovely floral pattern that looks nice with the back as well. I still hope to finish the quilting by Saturday. Tomorrow or Saturday morning, I plan to work on prepping the binding. I also have to work out what I plan to work on during the Olympics and still maintain my 1 hour a day of quilting.

On the Ravelympics front, I'm having some problems about the cat bed. Seems the yarn I bought for this project a year ago was the wrong type of yarn and insufficient yardage for the updated Pi Cat Bed. I thought of using yarn from an old sweater kit. Still an option, but I have no clue how well it felts. Still doesn't solve the lack of mohair. My checking balances says that I can't complete my order to Knitpicks for new yarn until I get paid - 2 days before the Opening Ceremonies. So, I can choose to HOPE the yarn will arrive in time to work on the project, or pay a lot more and buy yarn locally. Either way, it likely won't be my first project. Darn it.

On the plus side, I found more Homespun. Just need to find the 2 black ones and that will become a Ravelypmics afghan project!

No comments: