Wednesday, October 22, 2008

It is Still Fall!

Here's another Fall photo from Central Minnesota.
Fall Color in Rural MN
Today is typical Fall weather. Chilly, damp and dreary. However, yes, I know we need the rain. We've had a drought this year and what many people don't know is that the drought doesn't just make it harder for the plants. The underlying aquifer dries up as well. That means well water, water for agriculture, etc. is less available next Spring, which can be a real problem for many municipalities as well as agriculture.

Progress is slow, but today I should be able to finish making the trees for the Twee quilt. I might have to search out a tiny bit more Vikings sashing fabric. I bought some purple the other day to fill out what I had and there is this sticky residue on it. I just don't have the time to clean it and still be ready to lay out this weekend, so I have to get an alternative. On the plus side, I have the flannel backing, in a football theme no less! This quilt is for my BIL and features deer (hunting), trees and Vikings football. I'll also be working on the log cabin quilt now that Mom has made some decisions (it's for my Aunt and Uncle). I bought a marbled green flannel for the back of that one.

No comments: