Thursday, February 09, 2006

Fabric Addiction and Other Stuff

It started innocently. I stopped at the yarn store to return my unused yarn (wasn't sure how much I needed for tying the quilt). Two doors down is the quilt shop. "I should get that extra panel for the Thimbleberries Club quilt," I said to myself. Over $100 later (that was with my additional 10% off), I left with their new BOM for the year, including the finishing kit and my panel AND a fabric pack for my bunnies. I bought the bunnies book when the shop was still in Anoka (1 1/2 years ago?) and now finally have the fabric to do it! My fabric choices are romantic pinks rather than Depression Era Repros (as much as I like them, I would be doomed to start another collection). I have a tendency to choose the same fabrics and I'm trying to break out of my box.
Image hosting by Photobucket
Darcy Ashton is my latest book addiction. I also have Claire's Cats and Aquatic Creatures. She just has so many cute poses and of course, it's all easy to do applique.

Tonight I have to finish getting everything ready for the Knitting UFOlympics. I have my yarn and chart, but the pattern has gone awry, so the search is on. Not too critical as I already know how to use the chart.

No comments: