Saturday, February 11, 2006

UFOlympics

The opening ceremonies for the Winter Olympics started off weird (well, to me they were), but the second half was so cool! My favorite scenes were the 'snowflake people' who ended their stint forming a dove and the lighting of the torch. I didn't get a lot of knitting done during the ceremonies except during commercials, but finished 3/4 of one of the ladybugs. I'm starting to get the hang of this switching colors, but it is very different going back and forth instead of in-the-round. Struggled (again) the next day while watching Luge, skating and speed skating and FINALLY finished a ladybug. I kept making mistakes and had to rip back. I've been finishing up the white section so that I can begin another ladybug during my next viewing. A local Minnesotan is up to win a medal in the Luge. Cool!

I also did a little more of Anubis. I might actually get this done before the 16th, but please don't hold your breath!

No comments: