Monday, February 13, 2006

Ladybugs Are Multiplying!

My UFOlympic knitting project is coming along. I have finished two ladybugs since the start of the Olympics. I'm not quite there yet, but the colorwork is getting easier as I figure out what I'm doing. I applied some of the suggestions I received at Knitters Review and it does help. The instructions say to carry all the colors, but that just wasn't working for me. I am using separate skeins of white for each side of the ladybug, a bobbin of black for the center of the ladybug, long, cut yarns for each of the black spots and one large bobbin for the red. Now that I know about how much yarn each color of the ladybug requires, I'll be using a lot less in the bobbins. Here's my ladybug panel so far (I need 3 panels). Each panel has 6 ladybugs. Note to self-set the flash to on when taking photos of white things. As for the Olympics, this is the first time I've watched Snowboarding and WOW is that neat!
Image hosting by Photobucket
Also, Anubis is coming along. Now that I've finished the large upper torso, the rest should go along more quickly. Unfortunately, I am being hampered by a cold in all of this! I just can't cross-stich very well when I'm sneezing and coughing. It's interesting that in the photo, a moire design appears in the Aida. It's not actually there, but just in the photo. Strange. I think if I take it out of the Snapframe, that effect would probably go away.
Image hosting by Photobucket

1 comment:

Cynthia said...

OMG - love those ladybugs! You're doing a great job.