Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Houston Quilt Festival Photos

I am finally starting to connect with my digital photos! Finally, I can share with you a few of my favorite quilts from the Houston Quilt Festival held in Houston in October 2005. As mentioned before, I have a preference for traditional designs. Often done in new fabrics and arrangements, they are still traditionally based. I don't actually have many photos of non-traditional ones.

This first quilt uses friendship stars combined with a new popular style in batiqs. This is mostly a paper pieced quilt.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

This quilt was made with the popular Stack and Whack method and includes a stained glass cutaway technique.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

I love this quilt and I even have a pattern for it. The leaves are made from your leftover scraps. Lots of bias vines...lots of it. This is also a quilt that can be quilted in sections.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

This is a Lady of the lake pattern with an exceptional appliqued border. Spread out, the border seems too busy, but if laid on a bed, the angle seperates that.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
A new way to do Hawaiian quilts. Hand dyed fabrics varying color along the way.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
This quilt didn't resize well. It's a string quilt featuring flag/Independence Day fabrics. String quilts are not my favorite; I think of them as utilitarian and that's it. This one changed my mind. Coordinated fabrics work very well in it!
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Hope you enjoyed my favorite quilts from the quilt show.

No comments: