Friday, December 16, 2005

Snow, snow and snow

It started snowing a few days ago and never stopped! Ok. Now it has. I have managed to quilt about 1/3 of the bug quilt. I have since been worn out either shoveling or just walking to the darn mail box (3/4 of a mile, mostly uphill) in the snow. I've been pretty much snowed in since Sunday. My vehicle (old Mercury Marquis) won't make it up the driveway and my BIL's van wouldn't start. Now it starts (yes!), but the engine light came on. I hope it's just low in oil, which I will check when I have light tomorrow to see. The dairy farmer and his wife next door at least are there if I need other help. At least I made it to the tiny town of Browerville to get milk products, which I was sorely lacking.

Rural Skill Alert: I have now acquired a new skill. Lighting and successfully maintaining a fire in a wood stove. I've been trying to get one going all week. We have had great heat all day and I stoked it again to continue for part of the night (this saves on my sister's heating bill since the temp is down to 7 above now).

I also am working on my other Egyptian cross stitch project and continue on the Banff sweater. Unless I get to a larger town to print out some of the digital photos, alas, you will have to wait until I get back home to see any photos. I've been spending a lot of time doing scrapbooking as well. I have way too much stuff!

No comments: