Thursday, May 25, 2006

Shawl Progress

I've been hard at work on my shawl and have the painful hand to prove it. I don't know what it is about working with large needles, but they do give me a problem. As you may know, in a triangle shawl, you start with 4 stitches and increase 1 on each row. I'm up to 108 stitches on the needles now. Pattern indicates 138, but I'm sure I'll have to go a little further than that. My goal had been June 1, but I may have to give my hand a longer break. I also stopped by Hancock's and bought what was still available for the Flying Afghan. All but one of the colors was clearanced. They may get more in the Fall, but I'm just going to mail order the rest. Happily, this project isn't dependent on a specific dye lot.

I joined several quilting swaps and have all my fabric washed and dried and ready to cut. I can't help it. I love swaps. Swaps include:

  • Eye Spy 6.5 inch squares
  • Churn Dash blocks in 1930s repro fabrics
  • Leaf blocks on cream

No comments: