Friday, July 01, 2005

Welcome to my new blog!

I have been blogging now for about a year. Over that time period, I worked on my hobbies and updated multiple blogs. In February 2004, I became ill with the flu, followed by complications. I not only couldn't blog, but I couldn't even work on my needlework hobbies. This was followed by spending more time trying to update multiple blogs than working on hobbies! I decided that soon, I would create a single blog with all my hobbies and then some. Soon became TODAY! I do not plan to try to transfer my blogs to this one since my main goal of a blog is to help motivate me to complete projects (I suffer from startupititis), but will occasionally update them with finished projects to keep them active.

[Update Dec. 2005: My other craft blogs have now been deleted, so I have eliminated the links. Projects can still be seen at www.picturetrail.com/quiltsrus]

Current projects in progress include One Line Afghan (crochet), LadyBug Afghan (knit), Halloween Scarecrow (cross sitch) and a Thimbleberries Pine Tree quilt for my parents for their 50th wedding anniversary. My goal had been to have the top done by their anniversary (July 2) so that they could decide if they wanted it tied or quilted, but I guess it won't be done until next week. Car trouble and unexpected sewing machine failures messed up my goal!

No comments: